Quote I Live By:

Quote I Live By: “Never frown, even when you’re sad, for you never know when someone is falling in love with your smile.”

Monday, November 22, 2010

Staples

    I have a new found dislike for staplers. First of all they never have staples in them when you need them. They are always breaking down and in need of a DE-jamming and lastly they never staple right! Sure for the most part they usually work, but doesn't it seem as though they don't work right when you need them the most? I think everyone who has had a teacher with perfectionism has had a problem of stapling your paper wrong and it leaves a nasty mark on your paper. Of course knowing your teacher you wont be able to turn that in, so you dutifully print out another one and test the stapler on different sheet of paper before ruining another paper.
     Maybe this example is a little extreme but a couple of weeks ago I was asked to put up a border on the display board next to the classroom I have been volunteering in. I didn't think this would take very long, but of course it took almost 40 minutes. I kept having the problem of once I pushed in the stapler it would slide to the right and make a nasty mark and not even put the staple in. Of course some of them went in ok, but the rest was a wreck. (So what, I may be exaggerating, but it really wasn't pretty.) I think I went through a whole row of staples before the teachers Aid came and said "Oh there's a trick to it, you have to punch it in with your palm." Great I think this would have been great to know 20 minutes ago. Once I finally got the border up I had to clean many ruined staples off the floor. I fully understand now why the teacher didn't want to do it herself.
      Anyways I will stop complaining about staples at the moment. I haven't blogged in a while do to the fact that I have been so busy with home work. Actually I should be doing that right now. I have 2 papers, a lesson, a speech, and two power points to do. They all have to be done sometime this week. If only I could do my homework in my sleep that way I wouldn't remember the time I spent on them! I guess that's kind of the point though.

                 TTFN off to do homework wish me luck that I may not drive myself to insanity!

No comments:

Post a Comment